Cover Letter Tips
Applying for a job can be daunting and stressful. As specialists in the business of helping candidates attain employment, we understand this first-hand. Cover letters and CV’s however need not be a complicated process. Based on some of the errors we see commonly, we have provided tips on Cover letters to help you secure your prospective position.
The aim of a cover letter is simple, capture the reader’s attention by simplistically communicating how you are the right fit for the job. Do a good cover letter, they have a reason to look through your CV and you can secure a job interview!
- State your why – describe your motivation for the application and briefly describe how your experience and skills match the job and the company. The aim here is to capture the reader’s attention, make your opening paragraph short and snappy
- Make yourself fit – describe your experience and academic qualifications specifically in relation to the job. If you are applying for a finance position, describe how your experience in different types of companies/ role places you in a good stead for the position you are applying for – make a case for why you are the best qualified or best experienced or the right candidate for the job.
- Use bullet points – to separate content and draw the reader’s attention to important information.
- Don’t repeat, summarise – No one wants a repeat of your CV. Summarise content, provide highlights, the aim is to get the reader to look at your CV.
- In summary, restate your case – in your closing paragraph, summarise why based on the above, you think you are a strong fit for the role
Culture Fit & Your Job Hunt Process
Executive Briefings for C-Suite Interviews
Talent Trace is an executive search and recruitment agency.
We search and trace high calibre talent to find a people – organisation fit. Our aim is to help you attract, retain and advance employee talent.
100% black female owned Executive search and recruitment agency, 135% BBBEE procurement recognition, Level 1 Accredited.
Our team has a combined 60+ years of Executive search experience.